Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One down, Hundreds (?) to go!

I finally finished Goody's quilt this morning. If you remember from this post, I purchased a set of fabrics to make her a quilt before she was born. I thought I didn't have time then (ha ha!). Anyway, this was completed in mostly one hour sessions. I'm not sure how many. I realized that I really wasn't in love with these fabrics any more, as I have since discovered the amazing world of fabrics online. At the time, I was limited to what I could find within driving distance. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty I like. But nothing like the dreaminess online. Anyway, I had a specific pattern in mind when I bought the fabrics, but I didn't feel like messing with a pattern, so I just decided to wing it. Here's what I came up with (this is pre-washed, by the way...it will get a lovely wrinkley look when I do wash it):




Sorry the picture's a little blurry; I'll try to get some better shots when I can put it on the bed. Goody's asleep right now. Everything is machine stitched and quilted, including the binding. The circles are hand-appliqued. Here's a detail of the quilting and applique:



No comments: