Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Settled on a Quilt for Baby's Room

With Joann's Fabric having a 3-day sale (all calico 50% off) I was forced to make a decision about the quilt I am going to make for the baby's room. I found this book at the library, and chose the "Hearts and Gizzards" pattern. I love the texture made by the pleating in the little circles. It reminds me of fabric yo-yo's. Here it is from the book, composed of true reds and light pinks.

I'm going to use cranberries and light pinks/mauves.

Here's a picture of the fabrics I got on sale:


The top right fabric will be a border, probably about 4 inches wide, and the dots on the top left will be the binding fabric.

I was inspired by the Blossoms line by Baby Martex; but I'm not so into mass-produced, and wasn't crazy about the applique. I did buy the sheet, though. I "needed" it to remind me of the color scheme.

Cute, huh?

No comments: